Wednesday, August 17, 2005

This is the time, I see your mercy on me at every step I take.
I'm hitting the wheel with all my strength right on a curve attempting to reach the 40km/h speed in seconds to catch up with the pelotoon. At this moment I realize that God's Word is faithful indeed. He said, "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord." (I Corinthians 15:58) All the arduous hours of riding, training, & watching on my weight hasn't been worthless. Now that I can stand up speeds round the 40 kilometers per hour for long enough, I know that God is faithful on His work. He led me to this path and He gave me the possibilities to become who I am nowadays. He made me a Cyclist, and I want to be one, for His honour. Every step taken, every stone moved out of the way, every effort, He led the way. I had once three ways to go to. Now is every aspect of my life leading to one way so that I may reach the goal. Praise be to God for who He is! I'm finally starting to taste the pleasurable side of His will. The way is surely difficult, but the satisfaction of knowing that I can be agreeable unto my Father's eyes is what makes the pain and struggle which this sport involves, worth it all. Now, not alone anymore but in the verge of beginning a contestant's life, in the right place, at the right moment, with the right people beside me, am I ready to head forward and stedfastly follow through that I may bring Glory to God, my Father who loved me even before since the beginning of days. He's my fortress, He's my Lighthouse, and in Him will I abide.

Thank you oh God for leading my ship safely ashore. I'm not lost nor confounded anymore, but I trust and believe that you perfect Will may be done here upon Earth.
In your name I pray, Amen.

No comments: