Thursday, March 17, 2005

A peculiar day...[Part two]

If you have already read the first part of 'A Peculiar day', then yes, that friend of mine is indeed admirable even when the picture brings the opposite forth. Here goes the reason why:

Before we decided to enjoy the Bosche Bol, I let hem know that I had to pin some cash since I had nothing with me at that moment. He didn't trouble himself and regardles the cost of it, he simply paid for us both.
In second instance, before we went to sit together and take a drink, did we approach a 'pin-automaat' so that I could take some cash. To my surprise, was my account totally emptied without my even realizing of it. No money could be cashed. I thought then, "I better get home and take my rest there." However, once again he didn't mind it and togeyher we headed to the terrace. Well, after the first sip of drink, I didn't want to be a burden to his wallet anymore so I wanted to leave it there. Yeah right, that was me; he insisted on inviting me a 2nd drink without even thinking twice about it. As a matter of fact, the beer he suggested to me was the most expensive one in the beverages' menu! I mean, why would he do all that? What I saw was pure hospitality and unselfish attitude the which he displayed that day! He didn't really have to. After all, his bank account was even below null and what he had in his wallet was all he had 'til his next payment!

So if you dare to judge someone from his outside appearance, think twice before you dare to say anything. Not for nothing does the famous proverb say,
"Appearances are deceiving."
Dwell on it and don't rush into judgement when the truth still remains hidden to you!

No comments: